Do you have your own internet domain and some experience managing / using it?? Good! Please share with users of these Domain kits some wisdom from your own experience – specifically, what led you to choose to manage your own domain? How do you use it?
Interview your domain with these questions!
- What is your domain name and what is the story, meaning behind your choice of that as a name?
- What was your understanding, experience with domains before you got one? Where were you publishing online before having one of your own?
- What was a compelling feature, reason, motivation for you to get and use a domain? When you started what did you think you would put there?
- What kinds of sites have you set up one your domain since then? How are you using them? Please share URLs!
- What helped you or would have helped you more when you started using your domain? What do you still struggle with?
- What kind of future plans to you have for your domain?
- What would you say to other educators about the value, reason why to have a domain of your own? What will it take them to get going with their own domain?
Answer the questions in the response form below and please share a link to the interview subject (e.g. one of your domain sites).
This kit is based on a similar assignment created for Ontario Extend